Patrick van Veen’s mission is to make managers and entrepreneurs aware of our biological behaviour. He advises companies, delivers speeches and organises corporate workshops on social behaviour and organises training sessions for managers, in co-operation with the Apenheul Zoo.
Patrick van Veen studied Biology at the biology faculty of the University of Utrecht, graduating in 1993 in Social Biology. He then worked freelance for social organisations, the government and the University of Utrecht. In 1996, he made a radical turn. He decided to pursue a real career this time and joined an insurance company, where he held various positions, studied and specialised as a project manager. He took part in a management development program. In 2002, he became an independent biologist again and started his own company.
In his pioneering presentations, Patrick van Veen shows how an important part of our behaviour is determined by the same impulses that determine the social behaviour of apes. In his fascinating speeches full of actionable messages, Patrick addresses questions like ‘Why do we show certain behaviour?’, and ‘Why do problems arise?’.
Using humorous examples, Patrick van Veen draws parallels with ape social structures, helping decision makers create better communication within their organisations, in addition to helping them recognise and solve problems.
- Ape Tricks in the Workplace
- A Mission from a Different Perspective
- Biology in the Boardroom
- Change Management
- Human Resource Management
- Den Kunden verführt. Was kann ein Biologe über Verkauf und Kundendienst lehren? (2017)
- Urinstinkte der Liebe (bisher nur auf Holländisch, 2014)
- Hilfe, mein Chef ist ein Affe (2011) (Help Mijn Baas is een Aap – 2007)
- Tierische Kollegen (Dierbare Collega’s – 2007) Über Affeneigenschaften am Arbeitsplatz
- Monkey see Monkey do (2007)
Want to know more?
Give us a call or send us an e-mail to find out exactly what he could bring to your event.
How to book him?
Simply phone, fax or e-mail us.